Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Guns N Roses - Civil War

I'm going to do something that has been so far uncharacteristic of me. I'm going to post a music video. Why when all of my posts have been about politics and economic philosophy? It's simple. I'm not straying that far off base.

I'm posting a Guns N Roses song called Civil War. This is possibly my favorite anti-war song because of two verses that Axl Rose wrote that for me encapsulates how the welfare-warfare state works. Much like the way you cannot get rid of the IRS without getting rid of the Federal Reserve, you also cannot rid the warfare state without getting rid of the welfare state. Below the video are, I think, some of the most important anti-war lyrics written.



My hands are tied
The billions shift from side to side
And the wars go on with brainwashed pride
For the love of God and our human rights
And all these things are swept aside
By bloody hands time can't deny
And are washed away by your genocide
And history hides the lies of our civil wars

My hands are tied
For all I've seen has changed my mind
But still the wars go on as the years go by
With no love of God or human rights
'Cause all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

I don't need your civil war
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor
Your power hungry sellin' soldiers
In a human grocery store

No comments:

Post a Comment